Importance Of Vitamin B
- They play a critical role as cofactors in cellular energy metabolism ie: the conversion of food into energy to fuel the body’s requirements
- They assist the body to cope with daily stress whether due to our pressurized lifestyles –executive stress, students writing exams or health related stress
- They assist protecting the body from the effects of long term stress and the risk of “lifestyle diseases” – diabetes, chronic fatigue, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity
- They assist the body in combating both mental and physical fatigue
- They are vital for the health and optimal functioning of the CNS, the immune system, red blood cell formation, muscles, the pituitary system and the cardiovascular system
- They improve concentration, memory and mood
- They prevent inflammatory skin conditions
WHY ABSOLUTE B?
- Vitamin B’s as a group are water soluble and therefore can’t be stored in the body, constant, daily replenishment is required to meet the body’s needs every day
- Absolute B contains 25mg Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), which is equivalent or higher than competitive products. Absolute B (Vitamin B2) assists in red blood cell formation (helps prevent anemia) and optimal CNS function. In addition it increases energy levels, assists with chronic fatigue, improves concentration and mood, reduces homocysteine levels, which ensures good cardiovascular health.
- Absolute B contains 20mg Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate) equal or a bit lower than competitors. Vitamin B5 is essential for energy production, the manufacture of red blood cells, adrenal gland health and the maintenance of a healthy digestive system.
- Absolute B contains SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER CONCENTRATIONS of Vitamins B6 and B12 (in most cases 4 times more) than its competitors. Vitamins B6 and B12 are the cardio protective vitamins B. They protect the heart and the vascular system (blood vessels) from heart disease by reducing levels of homocysteine in the blood. This is a significantly valuable and important function. In addition Vitamins B6 is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters in the brain and nerve cells and is recommended to support mental function and mood; it also decreases the risk of neural tube defects in newborns and affects prostaglandin synthesis. Both vitamins B6 and 12 play a significant role in energy production by improving enzyme and coenzyme activity required to “unlock” energy from food.
- Absolute B does not contain Vitamin B3 (niacin) as do most competitors. It has some role in energy production and nervous system function, but is generally regarded as lowering cholesterol. However, the dose of vitamin B3 in competitive products is not high enough to lower cholesterol. Regulation does not allow for the required high concentrations of vitamin B3 in over-the –counter vitamin supplements. Grace Pharmaceuticals therefore could not see the value of including Vitamin B3, but rather increased the concentrations of B6 and 12 which are has significant and tangible value.
SPECIAL PATIENT GROUPS WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM ABSOLUTE B
Due to the high levels of Vitamin B6 and B12, the following specific patient groups would benefit from taking Absolute B:
- Individuals who consume alcohol (alcohol depletes levels of Vit B6 and B12)
- Women taking oral contraceptives (homocysteine levels are elevated)
- Individuals consuming a high protein diet (NB: individuals Banting or on a no carb diet)
- Strict vegetarians and vegans
- Individuals taking fibrates for cholesterol reduction
- Individuals recovering from an illness particularly stress related illness
- Stressed individuals – both physical and mental
- Individuals at risk of heart disease
- High performance athletes and sports people